Hi everyone. Today I wanted to talk about something that affects me. I want to talk about mental illness. However I want to make some disclaimers before I start. Firstly I want to talk about what I am referring to when I say I am affected by mental illness. When it comes to physical sickness there are certain things you go to the hospital for and some things your don’t. A regular cold or a little flu are not hospital worthy. Despite that though you are still sick. When I think of how mental illness affects me I think of it as I have the cold (and occasionally flu) equivalent of mental illness. Do I need meds and a therapist for it? No. Do I still feel unwell? Yes. So I just wanted to put that out there before anyone questions me on just how severe my mental illness is or whatever. My second disclaimer is this: Nothing I say in this post is going to cure your mental illness. May it help you cope? sure. Could it potentially alleviate some symptoms or at least make them slightly more bearable? Maybe, but no promises. Everyone’s journey is different. And I just hope that maybe you can get something out of this.
When it comes to me I always (especially in the mornings) have a higher than average anxiety level, for no good reason at all. And every once in a while I’ll experience symptoms of depression. Usually I’ll be very irritable and very low energy. Last week and the week before I was experiencing this. And by the end of last week I decided enough was enough and that I was going to try and do something to get out of this funk. So I made a ritual self love/happiness bath. I would like to share it with you. I feel that this is a mix of both a spell and a ritual so I will leave this in both of those sections in our BoS.
- Epsom salt
- Rose quartz
- Green Kyanite
- Green Obsidian
- Some seashells
- Yellow Candle
- Incense (I used one that’s for the heart chakra)
Steps to making the ritual bath:
- Sage your crystals and yourself
- In some sort of container (I used my big cauldron) mix together the lavender, the epsom salt, the crystals, and the shells while thinking about the intention of your bath
- With the bathroom lights off start running your bath and add the ingredients to the water
- Have your candle and incense on the bathtub ledge or nearby.
- Once in the tub light the candle and the incense
- Call upon whoever you wish and ask them to help you find the joy you’ve been lacking and to give you the strength to get through the rough time you’re experiencing. I called upon Gaia and Aphrodite.
- Enjoy your bath, you could meditate, do a face mask, watch your favourite show, read a book, whatever brings you joy.
- Thank whoever you called upon when you are done.
If you desire to have a sacred circle feel free, you can also make the water sacred by adding rosemary. I don’t always feel the need to do sacred circles especially when I am doing impromptu rituals/spells (like I was in this situation). Please feel free to share your journey with us, or any spells/rituals that you do to aid in your mental health down below, along with any other thoughts or questions you may have. Make sure you follow me here and on twitter so you get notifications when I post and when I upload videos to youtube. Until next time, Blessed Be!