When pulled upright this card represents someone who is so focused on a certain idea, that they become oblivious to any difficulties; conflicts; or consequences it brings us, as they try to achieve it. This card is about someone full of life and energy but they need to make sure they are balancing themselves out with a good dose of compassion and responsibility. The person this card represents, is someone who once they have set their mind to something there is no stopping them. While this can be a great trait as it shows ambition and dedication it can also have some downfalls. Some of the things this person might be willing to do to achieve their goal could have some very serious consequences. They are likely prone to move ahead without any preparation or foresight, which can put them in a dangerous (or at the very least unpleasant) situation.
When pulled in reverse this card is about someone who is extremely impatient, impulsive, and full of energy. However unlike the person the upright card represents this person has no direction, despite their abundance in energy. This causes a lot of rash decisions which can drag others down with them. This person likely has a lot of scattered thoughts and they don’t tend to take the time to go through them and organize them. It is quite likely that they are a disorganized person. When they do finally have something they want to achieve with all that energy they have they are likely very unprepared due to this lack of organization.
Here is a tarot spread to help you find some direction for all that energy you have. First I would take out the knight of swords and meditate on it thinking about your directionless energy that you have. Then shuffle and pull the cards using your preferred method.
Thanks for checking out today’s post! What has the knight of swords been telling you? Let me know in the comments and along with any other thoughts or questions you may have. Make sure you follow me here and on twitter so you get notifications when I post and when I upload videos to youtube. Lastly I have made an instagram if any of you want to follow that! Until next time, Blessed Be!
Hi everyone! Today I thought I would make a bit of a different post. Since it is the first month of the new year I thought I would give a list of resolutions related to Wicca/Paganism/witchcraft etc in case you’ve been struggling to think of one.
- Meditate everyday
- Start a year and a day long study
- Do a tarot reading (or any other divination) every day
- Keep a daily journal to follow the progress of your path
- Go out and take a walk every day (or weekend if your week is too busy)
- Do some mindful yoga every morning and/or night
- Connect with deity (or any high power) daily
- Start a daily ritual
- Sage yourself and/or home everyday/every week/every month
- Practice self reiki every morning/night
- Pick a mantra to recite every day (it can change everyday, week, month, year, etc)
- Do a daily devotions (There are many books that give you a daily activity/reading to do. I have one for the chakras)
- Put a new entry in your BoS every day (could be a new herb, crystal, spell, ritual, poem, etc)
- Make some self care products with magick and use them everyday
- Every morning have some tea/milk/water/coffee/hot chocolate infused with a little magick to start the day right
- Start a blog about Wicca/Paganism/witchcraft
- Write a book about Wicca/Paganism/witchcraft
- Create a piece of art everyday that has to do with your path
- Go out and pick up up a few pieces of litter everyday or do a big litter clean up in your community once a week/month
- Volunteer for things that are important to your craft/path
- Read a little from a book about Wicca/Paganism/witchcraft everyday
- Donate monthly to a charity that supports something important to your craft/path
- Everyday get to know your spirit guides a little more
- Everyday write something down that you’re grateful for
- Save up a little money from every pay check so you can go on a unplugged trip/start stocking your magickal supplies/get altar tools
- Start a coven
- Write a poem about Wicca/Paganism/witchcraft everyday
- Practice positive thinking (if it harm none do as ye will, that includes not harming yourself emotionally)
- Start a garden
- Follow Willowrose here so you can read all her posts and on youtube so you can watch all her videos 😜
So there you go, 30 resolutions you can pick from for this year! If you can think of some more good resolutions or want to share any resolutions you have (wicca related or not) leave them in the comments along with any other thoughts or questions you have. Until next time, Blessed Be.
Today we are going to start the next chapter of our tarot series. So far we have talked about all of the major arcana. If you want to read about that you can find all of those posts in the book of shadows. Minor Arcana cards tell the supporting details of the situation. Major Arcana cards usually tell big points in the situation where as minor arcana cards really tie everything together. The cards that have the names of royalty (page, knight, queen, and king) tend to be in the middle of importance. So they aren’t quite as important as the major arcana cards but they hold more information than the regular minor cards. Today we are going to start with the wand cards. Wand cards are based of the fire element and the season of autumn. These cards usually talk about passion, inspiration, willpower, action, ambition, making plans, recklessness, and lack of direction. These themes occur a lot in the wands cards.
When pulled upright this card is about being boldly creative. It is about finding your voice and develop your own vision. When you get this card it means you should just go for it. Take the first steps in starting your creative project. This card can also mean that you are waiting for a sign to start a project. Instead of going over research and planning just start with the small steps and work on developing your ideas over time. Another meaning for this card could be that you’re going to be experiencing a breakthrough moment in your life. You are now motivated and inspired about an idea or project.
When pulled in reverse this card talks about some hard times you are going to face in the near future. You may feel like you have no direction which makes you feel uninspired and unmotivated. You probably don’t know what you want to do and are in a bit of a slump. If you already have a goal you aren’t excited to achieve it. This card is telling you you should take some time off and allow yourself the space to find some inspiration. You’re current responsibilities and commitments are weighing you down and are making it so you can’t think of new ideas. This card could also be about delays in your current project. You want to finish what you’re doing but there are other things getting in your way. You may also have a great idea but have no idea how to execute it. Just be patient and wait for the right time.
Here is a great tarot spread for when you have a block in your creativity. I would recommend taking out the ace of wands and meditating on what you’re struggling to get past creatively. Then shuffle and pull the cards as you see fit.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed learning about the ace of wands. If you have any thoughts or questions please leave them in the comments. Make sure to follow me here and on twitter to get notifications on when I post. Until next time, Merry Meet and Blessed Be.