So in the last week of June my partner and I will be going on a 10 day vacation and one of our stops is going to be 2 days in Salem. So I thought it would be fun if today I kind of post our itinerary and then the Wednesday after our trip I make a big post about what exactly we did, what we thought of each thing and then some pictures!
Also key to note that any prices I provide are in USD.
So day one will be spent absorbing all the knowledge I can get.
- First stop will be the Salem witch museum.
- For your knowledge the pricing is $13 for an adult, $11.50 for seniors, and $10 for kids 6-14. Presumably kids 5 and under are free.
- Salem witch trials memorial is the second stop
- I read online that one should do the museum first (as we plan to) to have more context. As long as you aren’t doing a tour this is free to my knowledge.
- Charter st cemetery is third on the list
- This cemetery is right beside the Salem witch trials memorial so it is a good spot to head to right after there
- I would assume it is free as long as it isn’t a guided tour
- The Howard st cemetery
- This is said to be the cemetery that Giles Corey was pressed to death
- And as the rest of the places of rest should be free
Most of this day will be just appreciating the city for what it is a city. We’ll go and check out local stores and just see other none witchy sites. However if the day end up drawing out a bit I have a couple places we could go to check out.
- The Witch House
- It costs: adults $8.25, senior $6.25, child (6-14) $4.25, and children Under 6 are free
The Jonathan Corwin House in Salem, Massachusetts, USA, known as The Witch House, was the home of Judge Jonathan Corwin (1640–1718) and is the only structure still standing in Salem with direct ties to the Salem witch trials of 1692. https://www.thewitchhouse.org/
- Witch History Museum
- I found the price at one point but can’t seem to find it again
- I read that this museum focuses more on witchcraft rather than the trials.
One thing that we will be doing later on in the evening is going on a walking tour. The tour we are going to go on is by hocus pocus tours. I’ll leave a link here if you want to know more about it. However if you just want to know the price it is Adults: $17, Seniors (65 & up): $15, Military Service Members: $15, Students: $15, Children (Ages 5-12): $10. Prices change a bit in October.
So that is all for today’s post. Make sure you stay tuned so you can hear about how the trip went and what I think of the various locations. Have you been to Salem? Let me know if you think there’s place I should visit that I haven’t mentioned, along with any other thoughts or questions you may have. Make sure you follow me here and on twitter so you get notifications when I post and when I upload videos to youtube. Until next time, Blessed Be!