It’s that time of the year again where everyone is back to school. Whether you’re in junior high, highschool, or post secondary this list will help you do your best this year. The things in this list are things that will be helpful on their own but some could also be used together to make spells/rituals for school too. Without further ado lets get into it.
Crystal and Herb Shopping list
- clear quartz
- Gives you mental clarity, focus, and helps retain information.
- Bring the same clear quartz that you use to study with to your tests for a little extra help!
- Tigers eye
- Great for studying and research.
- It keeps you focused and helps filter out mental distractions.
- It can help you make sense of the information you’re processing.
- It keeps your mind and thoughts clear.
- Also great as it helps with stress and worry.
- It is great to have with you while doing a test.
- A great support for all types of research.
- Any colour of fluorite can be used; pick what you are most drawn to.
- Earl Grey Tea
- Helps stimulate the mind, and helps give you confidence.
- The caffeine can also help you stay awake on hard mornings or late study nights.
- Grapefruit Peal/essential oil
- Helps activate your mind as well.
- When in essential oil form it is also known to promote joy and happiness.
- If you have a few classes that you aren’t enjoying this might be great to have handy for those periods.
- St. John’s wort
- This herb is used as an antidepressant. (do not ingest if already on antidepressants)
- It can bring light to troublesome problems.
- Can be great to use when you have an educator that you don’t mesh well with but you need to confront/work with.
- This is great for calming and relaxing you when school becomes too much.
- It can also help you get to sleep for those living in dorms or on those nights when your mind won’t shut up about all the school work you need to do.
- Lemon Balm
- This is great for healing your mind and bringing success.
- This can be great to use after a hard day at school or before tackling a difficult assignment.
If you believe that consecrating your magickal tools makes them more powerful then why not do the same with your school tools. Consecrate your pens, pencils, ruler, calculator, scribblers, etc to make them more powerful!
If you live in dorms and have a roommate then having a permanent altar may not to realistic for you. So having a temporary altar may be more up your speed. You can keep all your altar tools in a shoe box and no one would be the wiser.
If you worship deities then you can also pray to get the support you need with school. I would find the deity in your pantheon that deals with the more logical aspects of life and pray to them. Some examples of deities you may want to pray to are Athena, Lugh, Seshat, Saraswati, Odin, etc.
I also recommend that you meditate. Meditating when you’re overwhelmed, having a hard time focusing, or right before a big test can be super helpful. It clears your mind of all the useless crap and lets you tune in to what is really important.
I’d love to do more school related posts/videos if anyone has anything they’d like to request (spells, how to be a closeted wiccan in secondary and post secondary school, etc). However that is all for today. I hope this helps you a bit this school year. Make sure you follow me here and on instagram so you get notifications when I post and when I upload videos to youtube. Until next time, Blessed Be!