So in the last two weeks we’ve talked about what chakras are as a whole and specifically about the root, sacral, navel, heart, and throat chakras. You can check out those two posts here Chakras: The Root and Sacral Chakras and here Chakras: The Navel, Heart, and Throat Chakras. This week we’ll be talking about the last two chakras: the third eye and the crown chakras.
The Third Eye
Location: Forehead between the eyes
The Third eye is all about intuition and visualization.
When open: you will have a well developed sense of intuition.
When under-active: You aren’t very good at thinking for yourself and tend to depend on those of higher authority to make decisions. Your thinking is rigid as you tend to rely on your beliefs too much. You may find you are easily confused.
When over-active: You tend to live in a fantasy world.
Healing and Balancing the third eye chakra:
- Crystal healing (amethyst, purple fluorite, moonstone, quartz, lapis lazuli, and howlite chakra stone)
- Essential oils (juniper, clary sage, rosemary, sandalwood, lemon, thyme)
- Chakra mudra ( On your right hand touch the tips of your thumb; index; and middle fingers together, curl in ring finger, and extend your pinky. Touch the tips of the thumb, index, and middle fingers to the space between your brow. You can leave the left hand palm up on your left thigh.)
- Chakra sound Therapy (The sound SHAM is the mantra that connects with the third eye. The vibrations of the mantra match perfectly with the vibrations of the third eye)
- Meditation (Envision a bright ball of violet light at the space between your brows. Imagine it getting brighter and brighter as it makes it’s way down the throat, heart, navel, pelvis, the base of your spine, and down your legs to your feet. You can also practice the chakra mudra and mantra during your meditation.)
- Natural healing methods (basking in the sun, lying quietly with an eye pillow, logic puzzle, brain training exercises)
The Crown Chakra
Location: Very top of head
The crown chakra is all about wisdom and being one of this world.
When open: You hold no prejudice and are aware of the world around you and yourself.
When under-active: You are not spiritually aware. You are likely very rigid in the way you think.
When over-active: You are addicted to spirituality. You aren’t grounded and are likely ignoring bodily needs.
Healing and balancing the crown chakra:
- Crystal healing (citrine, topaz, tiger eye, and yellow jasper)
- Essential oils (frankincense, rosewood, jasmine, rose, and neroli)
- Chakra mudra (touch your index fingers together, touch your thumbs together, remaining fingers extend, raise 6-7 inches above the crown of your head)
- Chakra sound therapy (The sound OM is the mantra who’s frequencies perfectly matches the vibrations of the crown chakra)
- Meditation (envision a bright white ball of energy at the crown of your head. See it get brighter as it goes down your forehead, throat, heart, navel, pelvis, to the base of your spine, down your legs, and out your feet. You are encased in the bright white light. You can also do the chakra mantra and/or mudra during this time.)
- Natural healing methods (meditation, spiritual practice, singing hymns, and prayer)
I hope you enjoyed learning about the chakras these last 3 weeks. Make sure to leave a comments if you have any thoughts or questions. Also make sure you follow my blog so you get a notification when I post. Merry Meet and Blessed Be!